• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

So he's off and running on it. He's a good wrench and hopefully will have it out tomorrow and off over to Flether Monday.

Ron, my machinist engine building buddy called, needed some used parts to check out his R90/6 project. I went over to the shop and delivered the goods. Some used spark plug wires and coils. Ron was in process building a pretty neat Ford small block V8. Took some pics.

Ron gave the low down on the engine, 302 bored and stroked to 348ci. Dish top Ross pistons 8.25:1 compression Vortec Jr. aluminum Intake manifold, aluminum Vortech heads. miladon oil pan. Procharger centrifical supercharger. Billet throttle bodies, intercooler. etc.and so on. He thinks it's over 600 hp. It's going in a replica Cobra, just a hot street car. He got the long block and all the pieces in boxes and bags, with no pics. Like a 1000 piece puzzle with no picture. Ron pieced it all together. Would love to have that engine in a 60's Mustang, Cougar, Falcon or Comet. Yeah Haw. :dance But, I would settle for a Cobra. :)

Walker Radiator

Picture 476.jpg
This radiator shop is famous for building hot road and street road radiators. But all you street rodders already know this. :thumb Just down the street a couple of blocks.

Sun Studio, Memphis, Tn.

Picture 477.jpg Sam discovered Elvis and gave him a start. Sam also helped Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis get started right here. The Million Dollar Quartet. Memphis is and was a great home of American Music. No, I'm no kin to Sam. I can't sing, dance, act, or play music. Can barely play an AM radio. I'm just a professional listener and I have a song in my heart. Ps I did get the chance to meet Sam Phillips, and I considered it a great honor.

Picture 479.jpg
These ladies were laughing when I told them they were going to be famous to all the BMW riders of America.

1993 Daytona Battle of the Legends

Picture 488.jpg
Picture 489.jpg
Picture 490.jpg
Got my picture made with the late BMW racing legend Walter Zeller. Wearing my '92 Legends T. Great honor for me.

Last edited:
1993 Battle of the Legends Daytona

Picture 492.jpg
Picture 491.jpg
Picture 494.jpg
Glad I got the oppurtunity to attend the race. Walter Zeller and the other greats. Neat series, it ran from '92-'96 at various race tracks. Nice promotion for BMW. If I remember correctly the crowd was a little underwelmed by the performance of the bikes. The next year they went to the new R1100RS. I believe that this was the only race that Zeller participated in.

The Book

Picture 495.jpg
Book by Don Emde. Found it on the sale at one of the BMW dealers on sale. Added it to my library of motorcycle books. I'm a sucker for a book on something that interests me.

90's race team member

Was thinking about the thread on Nascar. I personally like all types of racing, but I tend to like older styles of racing and that means older cars, trucks and motorcycles. Got the chance to be around some pretty neat stuff from back in the day. Thought I would share some of it.

Grand Touring Cars

We were pitted with the Grand Touring Cars from Scottsdale, Az.. All the cars in the pit were million dollar + Ferrari's, and our teams Maserati. Pretty hi-end neigborhood, and me. :) Rubbing sholders with the movers and shakers.

Red is the fastest color. Italian red is a really fast color. Ferrari red most likely faster than Maserati red. :dance

Well said. When it comes to blue, you can't beat it. Sky of blue, you turn my brown eyes blue, true blue, BMW RT blue. Blue is the new red. :thumb

Back