• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

This area has gone underground. That helps; but now we have a problem of the underground grid going out due to water encroachment. It’s always something.:banghead But so far so good.:)

I just haven’t got up the will to start cleaning up the mess of the ice storm. Depressing. Been watching the total mess of a disaster in eastern Europe. Depressing. Finished reading the book ‘Rush on the Radio’; by James Golden. How I miss Rush. Depressing. Thinking about heading over to the machine shop at the college. My goal there is to help get it into shape to help young people get a start in life and be the best they can be. Well, that’s a little better. Gotta call and see if the school is open, first. :brow

Ice Storm Clean Up

Played Hooky from school to clean up the ice storm mess. A 68 year old playing hooky, that’s funny. Got most of the front yard cleared up, now the back yard. :gerg ps Gotta do it now while Mother Nature cooperates.

K1200rs

2E3C25CE-5C06-4317-8633-ABE8D2D85A84.jpeg
241B268E-7F7C-4D78-B85E-4807FCD0DFB4.jpeg
By buddy Glenn rode up to the club. Good to see another Beemer out and about. U don’t see many in east Arkansas.

Maybe time to get the airhead out and ride over the the BMW dealer in Memphis. See what’s new on the show room floor. I think the high for today is 70’. Time for a little ride. :usa:german. I need one with a Ukrainian flag.

90CF93BC-F8A6-4FD3-A06C-45D25A225844.jpeg
Saw this cool Yamaha at the dealer the other day. Said some guy traded it in on a new BMW Adventure. Said he was headed to Alaska and the Arctic Circle.

I read the news of the passing of the actor William Hurt. He rode a BMW motorcycle, an airhead in the movie ‘Eye Witness’ from the 1980’s.

Three Wheels

Side cars, Trikes, Three wheelers. Interesting concepts; I’ll look into it. :brow ps Yep, that’s me, just kinda funny. :wave

ASU-MidSouth Machine Shop

Was doing a couple of jobs at the machine shop at the college. Noticed some of the plastic handles on the lathes were broken or missing; can’t have that. Time to make some new ones. Found some suitable aluminum stock and started whittling up some replacements.

6F5A9817-ECA4-45A0-BBD8-F3D435379C0C.jpeg
24B47CBC-6604-40EF-B318-BAC53AE41305.jpeg
U can see the cheap broken plastic handle. Yes, making new ones were pretty easy. Still felt good to make some new pieces. More projects coming.

Back