• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Mid-South Eat

Was in downtown Memphis the other day. Time for lunch. Hit one of my old favorites, Westy's. The famous old North End.
IMG_2401.jpg
346 N. Main St. Memphis, Tn.
IMG_2407.jpg
Been going here over 30 years. :thumb:thumb

IMG_2402.jpg
Back in my motorcycle bar hopping days, I frequented a lot of bars, dives, and taverns all over Memphis. The Old North Inn was the last stop. The only light in the area was from the one in this window. I'd park my bike right here.

I'd usually meet my BMW riding buddy here. Latenite Greg. Ah, the good old days. :dance Good food, drinks, comraderie. It was good to be young. Greg and I planned a lot of our future rides sittin at the bar. Local rides, the Hot Springs Rally, the Wilderness Rally. :)

If your riding thru Memphis going cross country, it's an easy stop off from either I-40/55. Nice change of pace from the fast food joints. Their biker and motorcyclist friendly. They tolerate BMW riders. Just teasin. :)

Left Westy's Bar and Grill in downtown Memphis headed west on I-40 to Arkansas. I exited on the first exit Mound City. Headed north to the little community. Wanted to see if there was any progress on the tenet farm store restoration.
IMG_2412.jpg
IMG_2411.jpg
I can see progress.

IMG_2425.jpg
The tenet store and Indian Mound during Mississippi River flood stage, with locals in boats and live stock on the mound.

Back