• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Maine to British Colombia and back

zekezeller

My wife and I just returned from a 7,500 mile ride from our camp in north central Maine to BC and back through the states. We took our 05 K1200LT and a Bunkhouse camper for the 30 day trip. We got recommendations for the route through Canada from this and the Goldwing forum and enlisted info from the Goldbook and BMW book along the way. We spent two nights with new friends from these books and had a great adventure.

Our highlights were the north shore of Lake Superior and camping on it's shores 3 nights, the beautiful colors of the crops in the Canadien praries, Mt. Robson in BC, the Ice Fields Parkway between Jasper and Lake Louise, BC route 23, and 31A from Revelstoke to Toadrock Campground, Glacier National Park, and getting back to New England and realizing how beautiful it is.

Sorry we nissed the national rally in VT and know we passed a lot of you heading that way as we went west through Canada. The LT performed beautifully especially pulling the heavy Bunkhouse, used no oil though we did change it at a members house in Montana (thanks Jim and Kathy for the great meal and hospality) Due to underinflation we got a new rear tire in Kalispell at the Honda shop.

The Bunkhouse was a wonderful trailer though a bit heavy to haul all that way. The king size bed, comfortable mattress, dressing room and screen house were sure nice every night though. We met so many people at campgrounds too that we wouldn't have in a motel. I would do the trip again but my wife has had enough of the praries. Oh yes, we came back along route 200 through Montana, ND and Wisconsin. Nice road with very little traffic!

Bill Zeller :dance

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Congratulations on completing it. Glad the north shore of Lake Superior was memorable. I'm considering a trip around Lake Superior, maybe in September. :thumb

Back