• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Made it to Alaska!!

vtman84

After graduating college I had some time to spare so I decided to take my dream ride to AK and now after over 5,250 miles and 21+ days solo I have made it from Vermont (actually Maine, but did that trip as a warm up before leaving VT). The route took me through ME, VT, NY, ON, Sasachawan (sp?), Minn, ND, SD, WY, MT, ID, WA, BC, YU, and finally AK. Check out the link for some of the pics I took along the way.

http://uvm.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020975&l=89ed6&id=6903997

The bike ran great, its a 2001 F-650GS. Other than routine maintenence (ie. chain lube every gas up/night), and the work I put into it before I left it only took an oil change and a new rear tire to make the trip. So thank you BMW engineers. :german.
The only down side to a trip like this is that I cant stop thinking about the next big ride...an R1200GS Adventure to the tip of Argentina perhaps?

Just going to have to find a way to convince the bank for a loan and my folks that I dont need to get a job (if you have any suggestions let me know)...happy trails!

VTMAN84
:bikes :usa

congrats on the trip and thanks for sharing the photos.

Nice pictures... you just did my dream ride. Nice Army mermite cans (used to keep chow hot or cold).

Very nice trip, when do you have S. America planned. I'm hoping to get there myself in the next five years. I understand that maybe too long for you to wait, but some of us have to work. Hehehe

Congrats on doing something like this while you can.

Join the "Peace Corp" and tell them you want to work in Argentina, you'll get yourself there... :laugh

:D I am sooooo jealous!

Great to see that Vermont plate out there, If I see that GS around Burlington I'll have to get the whole story!

wow..don't get no better than that. and yes, thx for sharing. where did you enter and exit Montana at ?..I'm from Montana..

Handlebar said:
wow..don't get no better than that. and yes, thx for sharing. where did you enter and exit Montana at ?..I'm from Montana..
That one picture looks like "Going to the Sun Road" in Glacier Park. Great ride buddy!

Back