• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Left throttle body sync to stop error code

jake1201

I thought the wet heads (2018 RT) did their own syncing? The GS911 gave the above error code and an 11.87% difference to the stop. The check engine light came on while engine off, key on and loading the gps. Switched it off then on and never had a problem again. Anyone have this experience or info would be helpful.

Thanks

The GS-911 allows you to calibrate Throttle Position so do that if you want.

It could just be a wild code thrown on a half start situation where you press the button a second time to start.

How is your battery. These bikes are very fussy with voltage and a good battery is a must.

You say it was once and done so I would just keep looking at it through the GS-911.

The GS-911 allows you to calibrate Throttle Position so do that if you want.

It could just be a wild code thrown on a half start situation where you press the button a second time to start.

How is your battery. These bikes are very fussy with voltage and a good battery is a must.

You say it was once and done so I would just keep looking at it through the GS-911.

I had the same thought about the battery. It is the original battery and when I got home I pulled it and my battery analyzer said it was a good battery, but I still suspect it was a one off, voltage issue and nothing to do with the throttle body. Five years is really good service from a bike battery. Probably replace it this summer before my next trip.

I have a GS-911 for my 07 R1200RT. Now I have the 2020 R1250RT. I bought a connector cable to use the GS-911 on the 1250. Does this community have step-by-step instructions to download the GS-911 program to my new(ish) laptop? Any hints about using the 911 to clear the service light. I did the 6k service but the bike does not know it!!! I was going to call Tep Porter when they open but curious if the community has directions. Thanks.

I have a GS-911 for my 07 R1200RT. Now I have the 2020 R1250RT. I bought a connector cable to use the GS-911 on the 1250. Does this community have step-by-step instructions to download the GS-911 program to my new(ish) laptop? Any hints about using the 911 to clear the service light. I did the 6k service but the bike does not know it!!! I was going to call Tep Porter when they open but curious if the community has directions. Thanks.

Did you check the GS911 forum/community? http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/

Download and installation instructions here: https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/...arted/downloading-and-installing-the-software

Also links to support, FAQs, manual, etc.

Back