• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Learning Basic Maintenance

Correct!

I'm not familiar with the CS models but my guess is a battery vent drain tube.

On the GS, the stock 'wet' battery has a vent with a rubber tube attached. The tube is routed down the frame and exits near the centerstand. The function is to divert any battery acid down onto the ground if the battery leaks when the bike is on its side. The problem is that the tube generally falls off the battery.

Are you able to remove enough of the panels to check your battery to see if you have a vent without a tube? Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Fauster, you were correct. Since I changed out the battery to a no maintenance battery....the tube was left. Eventually, the clip broke and the drain hose dropped. At least I still have it should I have to go back to the wet battery (which I hope is never the case).

Thanks! Peace of mind on the road. :wave

Back