• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Premier Training Was Awesome!

osprey86

I just completed the BMW Premier Training Program in Greer, South Carolina! If you have ever had an interest in learning more about what a 750, 850, or 1250 can do, this program is worth every penny. At the end of the day, all the adrenaline-pumping activities made my face hurt from smiling. To summarize the program...it was completely awesome!

The program spends half the day training off-road, half the day on-road. The instructors were professional, prompt, and provided a clear, consistent message. As I attempted the drills, every direction provided by the instructor was spot on. If the instructor said "This will happen if you ___,..." without fail, it did. I was provided several opportunities to learn and correct the skill with drills provided. I was confident the instructors were looking out for my safety as well as the rest of the class. Instructors did not hesitate to stop the participants or correct an incorrect movement. Polite, courteous, and extremely capable, the instructors made a point to engage with everyone in the class.

Immediately the instructors had us perform low speed, go-at-your-own-pace maneuvers to familiarize ourselves with the balance of the bike. From this point on, we performed drills that would help us with essential maneuvering for off-road conditions. By no means did we learn all skills, but the essential skills were covered to provide us with a culminating off-road tour at the end of this session. I had never been off-road and always wanted to learn. I'm hooked and want to learn more about off-road riding.

After an outstanding lunch, we spent the second half of the day with on-road training. As I was learning and honing skills essential to maneuvering the bike on road, I was amazed at what these bikes are capable of. I have attended 3 non-BMW trainings prior to this, and I have never challenged myself with the bike the way this program did. Absolutely amazed and feeling that my comfort zone was pushed to the maximum, I cannot say enough great things about this program.

The class participants were from all walks of life, ages, and experience levels. Although I am biased in saying that we had an incredible group, I got the feeling that the program lends itself to camaraderie. Our particular group was kind, helpful, encouraging, and most of all, there to learn with a positive growth mindset.

Special thanks to Bob and his wife Sue our MOA Foundation hosts, and the instructors Ricardo, Richie, Brent, Sam, Jason, (and others I missed their names). I am looking forward to taking another class and cannot recommend this class enough to anyone.

Thank you MOA and MOA Foundation!

Thanks for that, I'm looking for some good training to go to within the next year. Haven't decided road or offload. Ideally I'd do both.

I took the same one day Premier Training teaser class a couple months ago and was equally impressed with the venue and instructors. They offer a few other one and two day classes that I intend to take, spaced out at perhaps one a year as continuing education. Highly recommended.

Back