• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Laminar Lip

bremoit

Is the company that made these still in business?
It appears not.
Going to post an ad in the Flea Market--I'm on the hunt for one of their "lips" for a 80RT.
Cheers---Daren

You might take a look at this Memphis Shades Hotwing

hot-wing-mem5805_2048x2048.jpg

I adapted one for use on my FJR (removed excess materials on either side of the clamps and used a heat gun to reshape the bend to give about an inch between the wing and the windscreen) and have helped several other folks adapt it to work on other Sport Touring bikes, It uses the same venturi principles as the Laminar Lip. I liked it better than the Laminar Lip on my FJR as the laminar Lip was prone to come off in a wind gust. The clamps that attach the Hotwing to your windscreen are vertically adjustable and will work on plastic between 1/8' and 3/16' in thickness.

Thanks for the links fellas.
I've tried one of the clip ons. It works.
The LL seemed to have a more clear line of sight w/o the black clips, et al---which is what I'd like to try.

The LL seemed to have a more clear line of sight w/o the black clips, et al---which is what I'd like to try.

Yeah, the LL used the 3M super-Velcro buttons. Used on for a number of years on my K12RS. I can tell you that those buttons fail at about 120mph.

Yeah, the LL used the 3M super-Velcro buttons. Used on for a number of years on my K12RS. I can tell you that those buttons fail at about 120mph.

My experience as well and also when meeting head-on with cattle trucks at normal speeds.

I used some nylon spacers and nylon 1/4" - 20 screws and wing nuts after drilling holes through the Lip and the windscreen to make a positive attachment.

Back