• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75 windscreen by ZTechnik

I am looking for a windscreen and found these: http://shop.ztechnik.com/cgi-bin/ztech/results?search_model=bm-003. Has anybody had any experience with them?

I have the plexistar 2 on my k75. It came with the bike. I've taken it off to see the difference. I much prefer it on. I don't get all that force in my chest pushing me off the bike. I do get some buffeting though. I'm 6'5" and my head got pushed around on a R1200GSA also.

If it broke to where I couldn't use it anymore, I'd buy another one within a week.

FWIW

What it looks like:

Attachments

• IMG_4470.jpg
    IMG_4470.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 194
Wow, thanks for the feedback and the great photo!

I now see that the ones I was looking at were actually National Cycle Plexistars, or some sort of knockoffs.

Now I just have to decide whether I want the narrow, straight one without the hand protection, or the P2 style like you have, which looks like it deflects air from the hand-grip area.

Mounting details please

Indeed a great photo. Would you please add some photos showing the details of the mounting hardware? I need to replace the stock windshield on my wife's K75 and this is a prime candidate.

Thanks
mike

Wow, thanks for the feedback and the great photo!

I now see that the ones I was looking at were actually National Cycle Plexistars, or some sort of knockoffs.

Now I just have to decide whether I want the narrow, straight one without the hand protection, or the P2 style like you have, which looks like it deflects air from the hand-grip area.

I will add, the hand protection is great. Sometimes on the really hot days I'll pull a hand out from behind the shield and stick it in the breeze.

Indeed a great photo. Would you please add some photos showing the details of the mounting hardware? I need to replace the stock windshield on my wife's K75 and this is a prime candidate.

Thanks
mike

Sure, this will wait a bit, I happen to have the other picture already. I can tell you that the hardware is super easy, and very straightforward. You can take the shield off in seconds leaving the hardware behind.

Thanks and a question (Plexistar 2 on a 1991 K75)

Thanks for recommending the National Cycle Plexistar 2. I put it on and am loving the sudden lack of heavy wind pressure on the chest, particularly at higher speeds.

I think I will use the windscreen in colder weather and on trips, and take it off in the summer (a very easy process) since the bike rides a bit hot.

Question for you: what windscreen position works best for you? Right now I have the top coming up to about my chin. Seems fine, but I will probably try to raise it a bit and try to get the air flow to pass over my helmet. Right now it is hitting at about eye level.

Question for you: what windscreen position works best for you? Right now I have the top coming up to about my chin. Seems fine, but I will probably try to raise it a bit and try to get the air flow to pass over my helmet. Right now it is hitting at about eye level.

I have it as high and straight as I can, trying to get the air over my helmet. No dice. I'm right in the tornado. I keep thinking to try it much lower and see if that helps.

I'm quite tall though, so I don't know if my experience that way translates well.

Glad you like it.

Back