• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K75/100 gas tank insulator

cayuse60

Maine Rider
Can anyone tell me if it is necessary to have the rubber insulating unit under the gas tank? It does not appear to be listed as an available part anymore.
tia---tim

Insulation

Yes - if you're discussing the rubber 'horse shoe' that separates the tank from the frame, it serves a number of purposes, not the least of which is the vector engine heat away from the rider.

I'm not that sure it is required if you have the aluminum and fiberglass 3 piece heat insulation glued to the under side of the tank. None of my 3 K75Ss ('87 &'88s) came with the rubber and a friend's '89 K75C does not have it as well. :dunno

It is not listed as available in the microfische.

To me it looks more like a sound/vibration insulator between tank and frame that was added in later years. Anybody got the real answer and history??

:dance :dance :dance

Back