• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K110LT gear indicator problem

Johnalan

Had everything doing what it was suposed to do, but had to take instrument cluster off to fix a couple of bulbs. put back together and as I shift gear indicator goes between 2nd & 3rd, and at times goes thru all the gears but only ocasinally indicates right gear or neutral. This happened on other time but on it's own started doing it right. Does something need to be reset? any ideas what might be going on?

'89 K100 LT
'94K1100LT (in process)

I have a '92 and sometimes when temps are quite high my gear indicator does the same thing. Never did figure that one out. Maybe the wisdom you obtain here may help my situation as well. -Bob

Back