• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Just finished my first spline lube!

k bike splines

Howdy!
Yes, every 2 years or 30,000 miles I do the splines on my k100. This year I used the bolts to guide the tranny back maybe 3 inches and cleaned the grooves in the spline and then dabbed some of the bmw grease with an old toothbrush.
However even with the quicker way of getting the bike back together it still took me a few hours. Always good to go thru each part or accessory when working on the machine. Easier now to check the starter or wiggle the wires on the coils or whatever than doing it later.

Why count the hours?

tim lindstrom
91 k100lt... 127,000+ miles

Back