• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

iPodding

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
Just started wearing the iPod under the helmet...

I have Shure in-ear headphones that block out almost all ambient sound and what a difference it makes!

No more loud engine. No more wind noise - just my music and a slight background purr from the motor.

Why didn't I start doing this long ago?

Just started wearing the iPod under the helmet...

I have Shure in-ear headphones that block out almost all ambient sound and what a difference it makes!

No more loud engine. No more wind noise - just my music and a slight background purr from the motor.

Why didn't I start doing this long ago?

Time to start working on playlists. :nod

Whoa, may be a bit too sophisticated for me, I'm just mastering "Artists".
:ha

Since I'm so new to the RT, I didn't try an iPod ride until just a couple nights ago. It was a Thin Lizzy ride and no, didn't make it through that list but it certainly is different with the earbuds. (FS1 earbuds from XtremeMac)

I do like the no tunes rides though, as well. Something about the wind and engine sounds that for me is really the essence of riding. I may change my mind as time elapses and the rides get longer.

I have a favorites playlist (among many, many others). Last weekend, a single playthrough got me from Bakersfield to Lake Arrowhead, an afternoon jaunt to Big Bear, and from Lake Arrowhead back to Bakersfield.

iPods rock.

Whoa, may be a bit too sophisticated for me, I'm just mastering "Artists".
:ha

Since I'm so new to the RT, I didn't try an iPod ride until just a couple nights ago. It was a Thin Lizzy ride and no, didn't make it through that list but it certainly is different with the earbuds. (FS1 earbuds from XtremeMac)

I do like the no tunes rides though, as well. Something about the wind and engine sounds that for me is really the essence of riding. I may change my mind as time elapses and the rides get longer.

Like you, I like the music of my ride for many rides.

However, the iPod rides are great when covering big miles on an open road!

Jim :brow

It looks like Nike commissioned an iPod mix for runners. Can a motorcycling mix be far off tailored to a riding type?

I'd rather make my own play list than rely on someone else to tell me what I should listen to. I exercise while listening to my iPod, but I certainly don't listen to the same music each time.

Yeah shuffle ride tonight. Ok, ok, so maybe the music is cool. :ha About 3 hrs on the road, left about 6:45, mid to low 50's so I didn't even fire up the liner.

I'm getting it now. Much more comfortable with the bike. :thumb

What I'd really like is satelite radio for my scoot :thumb

I'm trying to decide whether I'll renew my subscription for a 3rd year of Sirius. There are really only a few of the many channels that I listen to. And after the first year my receiver went out which cost another $100 plus the second year renewal. It's a close call.

I have both XM and Sirius, I like XM better. I keep paying annually for XM even though I now have a "lifetime" for Sirius. I like XM that much more.

Satellite Radio

XM and Sirius are merging sometime next year--the best of both worlds! Try the Delphi MyFi. I've had one for two years for the long trip from NC to South Dakota. It's a sanity saver on those long stretches of highway!

I'm planning a cross-country trip the first of May on my "new" 2002 R1150RT. (VA to CA on 50, down Rt. 1 and back east on 8) I'm trying to decide if I should just take my Ipod or get the XM receiver for my Garmin 2820. Anyone have the Garmin with XM? What is the quality of sound? I've got Sennheiser earbuds and with the Ipod, WOW! It's like being in a concert hall. Haven't tried it on my bike yet, though. Like the previous comment, not keen on using it around town in traffic.

Ipod with FM

while I am much newer to the Ipod business than the motorcycle thing, I noticed that no one mentioned that Ipod has an FM function which I like for both rides and at ballgames; is it not installed on all Ipods? To me, it is a nice occasional change from the playlist, even though it is obviously somewhat geographically limited.....wj

while I am much newer to the Ipod business than the motorcycle thing, I noticed that no one mentioned that Ipod has an FM function which I like for both rides and at ballgames; is it not installed on all Ipods? To me, it is a nice occasional change from the playlist, even though it is obviously somewhat geographically limited.....wj

What model do you have, cause most of the ones I have seen do not have the FM function? Intersting concept.

gave the gf an Panasonic INNO/ twin to the Samsung Helix ...she loves it with the MP3 recording feature. it also has internal battery so it truly is "portable" . Battery lasts about 4 hours w/out a charge. I added a Powerlet cig plug under the seat to plug in the charger for uninterrupted power on long trips.I haven't tried to figure it out yet, happy with IPOD nano I use.

mounted it with a RAM universal holder and 3'' arm ( had to cut out some rubber on side of mount to not interfere w/volume controls. )No RAM mount specifically for it yet... She had the old roadie XM until it started to fade away

Back