• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Intake and sensor blown out 1200GSA

jpl77

Bike warmed up for 5 mins, left work. Slow drive at 30 kph for about 5 mins. Pulled up to a stop in 1st gear, pulled in the clutched and BANG. Engine stalled. Restarted but ran really rough.

No leaks, no fumes, no fire.. All temps and pressures fine on guages. No cautions no warnings.

Decided to drive it 7 km down the road. Luckily I was close to BMW.

On arrival inspection found that intake to right cylinder was blown up and off. Along with a sensor.

I'll update tomorrow on the repair.
d4645c738232c2aa8b0b90866203cf47.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Zounds!!!!

Please do keep us posted. Can you provide a little backround on the bike; mileage and recent services performed, for example?

Sorry don't have much to report.... It was at an Italian dealership and it's hard enough to ask for services let alone as to an explanation of why it happened.

They replaced the parts under warranty and tightened a few other parts.

It's running great now.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Back