• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm Baaaaack

greg

Cupcake
I suppose I should re-introduce myself.
I've been on here twice. The first time was when it first was propped up and then again in 2010. My log in never went away but my tracks have. The site is treating me as a n00b again. I've been on AdvRider since the beginning in 2001, posting as Gerg.

I've owned several BMWs over the years starting with a R100S in 1978 and the latest is the R1200RTW, yup, the one you can't ride. Sure was fun when I did ride it. In between I've has 3 GSes 1100, 1150, 1200, a K1200RS, and a R100/7 waiting for me to work on it. I've also owned 3 Harleys, a couple KTMs, a couple Hondas, and a couple of Yamahas.

Politically I lean to the right of center. I enjoy firearms and reloading ammo for them, Amateur Radio, 4 Wheeling (Jeep) and of course motorcycles (and ATVs).

I retired in 2011 and found my mileage dropped from somewhere around 8k to 12k a year to less than 5k. The stress reliever of riding was no longer necessary, go figure. I bought the RT to get more riding in. That's still the plan but it is on hold for a bit.

I guess that's enough blabbering.

Greg/Gerg

Last edited:
Good morning Greg

Congrats on the RT, Ya still got that sweet looking GS?

When BMW lets ya ride that thing again come on out to Santa Cruz for a visit, I have a big living room you can sleep in.

I'm already looking forward to our next Death Valley trip

Take care
Conrad

Good morning Greg

Congrats on the RT, Ya still got that sweet looking GS?

When BMW lets ya ride that thing again come on out to Santa Cruz for a visit, I have a big living room you can sleep in.

I'm already looking forward to our next Death Valley trip

Take care
Conrad
GS is history. After 3 of them over 20 years it was time for something else.

I'll send a note out for DV to the group. We need to get our reservations next month!

Greg

Back