• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I heard KISS is the big music act??

Hear me out. Rush has a new studio album coming out in the Spring. The drummer, Neil Peart is a card carrying owner of the MOA and owns several Beemers. They will be on tour during the summer. Come on, lets have a real killer band!

yeah, sure, we'll get them to ditch the laser light show, the 95 projectors, 80 smoke machines, 14 semi trucks full of equipment, 87 full marshall stacks for alex and the 148 piece drum kit complete with tripple gong attack in favor of an acoustic set featuring neil peart on a washtub :)

that should bring the cost down somewhere near rally entertainment levels

So, I'm new here............what IS the scoop on entertainment? Do they keep this info under wraps or do they not yet have the bands lined up?? A new guy just wondering.............

It isn't so much that it's a secret, as the fact that it takes time to get all of the entertainment in place.

Until all of the contracts are signed, it's better to keep it under wraps.

Besides... that would take all the fun out of it for the internet sleuths who try to get a jump on the information! :nyah

Brian said I could tell you that:
** Thursday night entertainment is all set.
** Friday's main act is set, but we are still working on the warm-up act.
** Saturday night we are in negotiations. We'll see how it goes.

Sue:

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the announcement once the bands are all set. See you in Wisconsin! :wave

Yup Normal

Aw, you guys are all just normal people, I thought there might be an interesting oddball or two in the bunch.

Barry Manilow looks more like Barbara Walters every day. Not all Canadians like or listen to Gordon Lightfoot. His best days are way behind him. Polka music is for trailer trash who gave up on bluegrass. In the thirty years I've been going to the National, the entertainment has sucked. In Lima it was interesting to see Thorogood, and of course there was the requisite whining from the pensioners (it's too loud),but what do they know. Burlington had an eclectic choice of entertainment which covered blues, rockabilly and folk. It's taken awhile but it seems like Friedle and company have smelled the coffee. Thank you, I feel much better now.

Woodgrain

Barry Manilow looks more like Barbara Walters every day. Not all Canadians like or listen to Gordon Lightfoot. His best days are way behind him. Polka music is for trailer trash who gave up on bluegrass.

Woodgrain

Hey I Love Polka music and I don't live in a trailer:eat

Poppa Chubby was really good, the guy can play.

I liked saying Poppa Chubby over and over though...

poppa chubby....poppa chubby...

Baaa Baaa Poppa

Poppa Chubby was really good, the guy can play.

I liked saying Poppa Chubby over and over though...

poppa chubby....poppa chubby...

Where should I send the Paxil???? It helps with this sort of thing..........

Breeze

BTW

Poppa should be out of jail by the Rally,,,,his agent claims that the bestiality charge was totally distorted by the VT media. Poppa was actually a close "friend" of those sheep.

No offense meant Mr. Zip. I don't like Nanna Mouskouri either. This music thing is hard to objectify. Not everyone likes vanilla.

Woodgrain:violin

I am not going to be there, because of work, but if I was.....Steve Earle has a great catalogue and puts on a stellar show.

My $.02

Tig

FYI ... All music has now been booked.

We have a great line-up in store for all of you. :) There will not be a repeat of "George Thorogood" - or similiar acts - for the 07 rally. But we are convinced you will be delighted with the entertainment all the same.

Bring your dancing shoes.... This is going to a GREAT party!

:twirl
- - - :groovy - - -

FYI ... All music has now been booked.

We have a great line-up in store for all of you. :) There will not be a repeat of "George Thorogood" - or similiar acts - for the 07 rally. But we are convinced you will be delighted with the entertainment all the same.

Bring your dancing shoes.... This is going to a GREAT party!

:twirl
- - - :groovy - - -

Soooo...

Now that the music is booked you can tell us who's going to be playing then, right? right? :stick

:D :D :D

I have thrown this task back to the proper committee.
(uh - that would be Brian)

He is tasked with writing it up for submission to the magazine. Once we are close to getting this ready to go, then we will put it all out here on the forum.

Those who were at the board meeting did, in fact, see the line up.

Don't you just love the suspense?

Back