• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I guess I will keep the RT !

But having regretted the sale of every bike I ever sold, I think I'll keep this one. Maybe toss a couple more "upgrades" at it, get the throttle bodies good and synched, and change the oil, and ride. Maybe the problem with the machine is a lack of miles under my butt! Maybe it just needs to be ridden. Maybe I need to get it rained on and keep going for a while, and then sit under a bridge with some strangers and drink some lukewarm coffee from my thermos and share a smoke. Maybe I need to figure out a better way to pack my gear. Maybe I need to slap on some sticker that makes people chuckle. Maybe it needs to get admired by some kid in a parking lot. Maybe it needs to pass some Harley guy and wave in a friendly way. Just that index-finger-point that says, "Yeah, me too." Maybe I need to walk into some little restaurant carrying my helmet, and feeling all road-king, and unzipping my dirty old euro-techy jacket, and untieing my bandanna. Maybe I've been shaving too often for that bike to seem right. Maybe it just doesn't like those tires and needs me to wear them down to where they say, "new ones, soon." Yeah. I should pro'ly just keep it.

That's exactly what I needed to hear! My thoughts exactly, but I didn't know it until I read it!

I went through this same decision process last summer when I was thinking about buying a new R1200GS LC. At the end of the day, I decided to keep my R1100GS

Back