• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I am doing this wrong...need a place to stay Tue 6/22 & Sunday 6/27

motor4

Tried to find a way to do three different events one after the other. Hate to miss out on this rally so tossed caution to the wind and booked flight there then to MO (Wing Ding 42), via AZ, then back to FL. The issue is I just checked Air BnB and cannot locate what seems to be a place by the rally sight.

I am flying into GFT (Great Falls airport) 10pm on a Tuesday. I am volunteering Thursday at bmw clothing shop (or whatever it is called) so can camp, I believe, as early as Tuesday but would prefer not to set up a tent in the dark Tuesday night. Thinking MOA won't allow one to camp there Sunday night (could be mistaken).

If anyone can spare a room or couch nearby I can pay. I am just an old guy 63, and would only need to sleep either or both days there. Guess I can instead rent a car instead of Uber then drive to an Air BnB location. Probably just seems far away on the map from the rally site than they actually are. Lord, I hope they allow Ubers at the airport.
Thank you

You got a lot going on motor 4 man! And the Great Falls component should all work out.
Well... I don't know about the room/couch offering.
But I'll say this, it's usually damm hard for us rally campers to actually find darkness at the national.
So I would expect if you even came in even at midnight Tuesday, tent set-up would be a piece a cake.
Or... just take over the sofa at the Airhead tent that night!

Only you can decide on the rental car vs the Uber/Taxi that evening.
With the rally shuttle running into town Thursday thru Saturday; you'll enjoy that. Maybe no car needed.
Most everything in/around Great Falls seems close-by the ExpoPark.

The Sunday of departure, rally over... I don't know if the Clean-up Volunteers & RV's (for example) can stay that night. But somebody does.

Enjoy the rally, great that you can make it!

Reminds me of a time we flew helicopter into a backcountry hut deep in the mountains in BC for a week of skiing. We rolled the dice and booked a second backcountry hut with the LZ 1/2 hour back up the road from the first LZ. We booked to fly out of the first and into the 2nd on the same day. The group kindly let us on the first bird out and we got to the new LZ to get the last chopper into that one. A million and one things could have gone wrong from weather to helo's to anything. We rolled the dice and won skiing early before flying out and skied the afternoon of the 2nd same day. Good times.

Good luck getting sorted.

Thanks all, yes rolling the dice and will just hope it all works out. Guess I could sleep walk at the airport Sunday evening until flight leaves 10am the following morning. Besides, when you about to turn 64 come August who needs sleep :)
Guess I could spend the $100 or so for a roll of the dice on a ‘free’ bmw if I want to go ‘all in’.

Consider getting the sleep cheap motel Sunday night. Close to the airport with free ride to the terminal Monday morning.

That way you can escape the ExpoPark site Sunday about 11a, get you some decent rest before the next segment of your trifecta.

OR... maybe the "one day" rental car from/begining Sunday morning, allowing you to move around all day, see a museum or two.

Lunch in Fort Benton, something Montana'ish. (no car required for a bar stool at the Sip-n-Dip lounge, boarding rooms overhead)

Turn the car back in at the airport Monday as you leave the motel, or a Sunday campground from an hour or so away.

And yes... buy a Foundation Superstakes ticket. 20 bikes announced winners Saturday at the Rally! A fellow with no tick'e has nary a chance.

Back