• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

High Seat for G650GS

N

neilwm

Hi All,
I am a new rider this fall. I purchased a G650GS as a good beginner bike. Everyone I spoke to told me to get something I could put my feet flat on the ground, and I didn't want a cruiser style bike. My problem is with 32 inch inseam, when my feet are on the pegs for 45 minutes to an hour my legs start to cramp up. Has anyone changed to the higher seat? I believe I could still place my feet flat on the ground or come very close with it.
Or, does anyone have any suggestions to alleviate this uncomfortable riding position?
This is my only concern with the bike.

Thanks,
Neil

seat

Hey Neil,
You have few options

Look for an aftermarket seat or send your seat to someone like Mr Eds Moto and have them rebuild it. Besides raising it, it'll be more comfortable for longer days in the saddle.

Peg lowering kit from Touratech.

Highway pegs, it will let you stretch out a bit. That will give you three foot positions.

If I were only going to do onethe seat rebuild would be my first choice. It was one of the best upgrades for my bike.

Just my opinion.

curt

remember F650.com for lots of info

Thanks

Curt,
Thanks for the info. Yes, I think a seat re-make is in order.

Neil

Just caught this thread, intriguing...

I really like being able to flat-foot my G650, but I actually have an inch or so to give, so was thinking about a higher seat myself. Was wondering, has anyone seen a higher seat that expands the under-seat compartment for more tools, etc.?

Back