• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

help with aquiring tools for clutch alignment '03 K1200GT

I just did mine on an R1100 and had no problem aligning it by eye.

I've also seen on the interweb where people find a socket that will fit down inside the clutch splines, then wrap the actuating rod with duct tape until it fits (centered) inside the socket.

Ken

Clutch tools

Thanks for the ideal about the socket. I'll try the dealer route also. That's why I went to this Forum. Forums have been a lot of help with my other bike

Ande (real name?)

The forums will be even more help if you put the year/model of your bike in the thread title.. please read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=46055. I've added the info to the thread title.

It also might be helpful if we had some idea where you're from. Someone near you may have a tool they could loan you. It's easy to add that info automatically if you add it and your real name to your "sig" (look under "User CP"..)

Call Ken Lively. I'm not sure if the K12 uses the same alignment tool as the K100s and K75s. He might know.

Here's the e-mail I got from him a few years ago. Call him and make sure the prices are still correct.

Hi Lee
Yes, I have BMW "K" engine Valve Adj tools available for the 2 valve "K" engine.
The 2 Pieces are made from 3/16ÔÇØ Laser cut steel. Working contours are identical to factory tools. Tools are new. Tools come w/ instruction sheet.
$27 S/H included.

Clutch pilots for K's are available also. New, from steel
$18 S/H included.

ÔÇ£Pay PalÔÇØ to Polepenhollow, Cashiers Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks accepted.
I ship as soon as Pay Pal is posted or the check arrives.

Thanks, Good Luck and Good Riding.
Kenneth Lively
318 S Hart St
Palatine Il 60067

polepenhollow@yahoo.com
847-561-8555

:dance:dance:dance

Back