• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Help! How to install Garmin 24K topo on Navigator VI?

seldredg

I bought an 850 GSA with a Navigator VI and was dumbfounded to learn BMW did not support the use of Garmin's 24K maps on the device. However, with the help of the Internet I got two maps installed and all was good until recently when I tried to install another for a trip this summer. The map downloaded ok to the SD card according to Garmin Express.

Basecamp can see the map and use it, but on the Navigator it does not appear as a selection in Settings -> myMaps, as do the other two Garmin 24K maps. I cannot remember how I got the others to install, other than neither Garmin nor BMW were of any help. Something I read by Dan Townsley may have helped, but I can't find it.

Update: I got the new 24K map to appear on the Nav VI by installing to the Internal memory instead of the SD card. But during that process, a 24K map installed on the SD card vanished from the Nav VI menu, although the files are still there, appear in Basecamp for use, etc. Nice that something worked but have no idea why, and no idea why Garmin/BMW giveth and Garmin/BMW taketh away.

Back