• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello everyone from the sunshine state!!

bearsfan

New rider on my 2022 750GS and loving it.
Purchased used in July of 2022 and have made some modifications and have more planned.
Goal was the 1250GS however this looked way less intimidating at the moment. No regrets so far.
Have taken two riding courses already, with more planned.
Last weekend took the ridelikeapro class and had a blast but also layed her over which on the way home discovered damaged my rear brake light switch.
Constant brake light and no cruise control is no fun.
Will do a search on this forum to see what I can find out or if need to go to dealer.
Anyway, hello everyone. https://forums.bmwmoa.org/images/smilies/wave.gif

Welcome bearsfan! This is a great place for information, repair or otherwise. Pictures of the bike are encouraged.

Welcome bearsfan now in FLA from northern AL.

It can get expensive being a n00b, especially with a new(er) BMW. Mrs-HSV dropped her F650GS under all sorts of newly encountered circumstances. Be sure to try to keep those handlebars orthogonal when stopping - it helps with your balance.

It also helps to have a support base in your neighborhood. You might can find a chartered club with senior members who usually offer sage [and sarcastic] advice: >> https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/charteredclubs <<. There seem to be seven Florida choices. The local clubs are always recruiting - jus sayin.

Sure glad that U opted for the smaller GS and not the more-expensive-to-fix 1250 models! :nod

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300
el Presidente, MOA CC-05 ;)

Welcome from LI, love the Motorman YouTube videos, and DVDs. No shame in dropping a bike, especially when practicing to be a better rider. Parts can be had from many sources, and there’s an endless supply of good/free advice on these boards. “See you on the road”, as Kevin from MC Rider would say.

Thank you everyone for the info and warm welcome.

Here is a pic of bike from last weekend's course with the legend himself -- Jerry Paladino, RideLikeaPro.com -- had a blast and even got the pegs scrapping on a few of the turns -- lot of fun and good info to practice.

When I got her she already had the following mods that I wanted anyway...
- Madstad windshield (just ordered a slightly taller one)
- Touratech bar risers ( feel great )
- SW Motech crash bars ( have scrapped them up some for sure lol)
- some spongy things on the handle grips which I have come to like

What I have added so far...
- Moved the GPS to above the TGT with a BMW mount ( ouch!!!! )
- Zumo XT (after my phone froze from heat exhaustion on a ride)
- AirHawk seat ( the factory seat SUCKS!!! )
- Mosko Moto Tank Bag ( Love it )
- Lone Rider Overlander bag for traveling
- SW Motech center stand ( bike is low version and didnt come with one)
- Puig Headlight Guard
- Sidestand base extender
- Handlebar lever lock (hopefully for some trip peace of mind)
- Bike cover (hopefully to stop some prying eyes on trips )
- Bohn body armor ( LOVE IT!!! )

Items researching for a Santa delivery ...
- Denali D4s with the B6 Rear Light -- came close to pulling trigger but really expensive
- panniers ( all over the place on this -- one day mosko moto, next lonerider rackless, then SW Motech or Bumot -- or locking hard luggage -- ugh
- Shad expandable 58X top box seems great ( not a big fan of any top box - but the function may be necessary especially around town )
-a new helmet - one i have is pinching the cheeks way to hard on long rides - waiting for the XD-4 to go down in price (way down lol)

Hoping to do the ChampStreet course next which is in Miami in January ..... if the stars align (expensive).

Looking forward to meeting some of you one day. Appreciate any advice or insight you all have. --- Thank you!! ridelikeapro pic w Jerry.jpgbikepic.jpg

Back