• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Headlight upgrade

Headlight brightness

Thanks for the info Michael, the more I’ve read posts the more it seems that’s the way to go. However the posts were quite old so that makes your input that much more valuable. Thanks again, Emil Merhige

For at least 10 if not 15 years now, there has been new technology for Halogen bulbs. The technology provides more light while consuming the same 55 watts, therefore remaining legal.

The thing is, it's mostly a European thing, as of course the USA is a third world country when it comes to things automotive. You can get Sylvania Silverstar bulbs at your FLAPS, but these will be special versions for USA customers that feature mostly being blue. Their life is very short and they aren't worth buying.

Peruse the the following link and decide which sounds best. You'll obviously have more choices if you're willing to buy in pairs. There is zero problem getting these shipped from the UK, but if you wish you can search your bulb name on eBay and possibly find a local importer. My preferred brand is Phillips, with Osram next and I'd recommend Phillips X-treme Vision +130%. The rest are dubious.

https://www.powerbulbs.com/us/store/

Back