• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Headlight switch gone bad again....

Bdiver

Sign Guy
A long time ago (in a land far away...) So back in 2005 my headlight went out on a trip which made me have to stop for a motel on my way home. I replaced the headlight and still no go. Found out it was the switch so I got a used one off ebay. I also installed relays for both the high and low beam at the time because everyone said that switch was having to much power through it and was prone to failure.

Skip ahead to 2 weeks ago when I was on my way back from Alaska and it happened again. :mad I found another low mileage one on ebay that should arrive shortly and thank goodness I installed some aux PIAA lights just for that very occasion of the light going out.

My first switch lasted about 57K and my 2nd lasted 78K (I'm up to 135K on the bike). Seems like this is a simple switch and shouldn't really wear out especially since I rarely if ever turn on the high beam or use the flash to pass. Anyone else have these issues?:scratch Since I'll have 2 to play with I am thinking of trying to rebuild one or see if I can make it a bit more robust.

Back