• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Headlight Assemby

Fritzc

After my recent encounter with Odocoileus virginianus I am faced with some major cosmetic repairs on my R1100RT-P. I'm shopping for fairing parts and while removing
the center piece where the headlight is, I discovered four small bolts holding the fairing to the headlight assembly which I removed the locking nuts from. There were also three bolts that hold the headlight assembly to the frame but they had no nuts on them!! Upon examination, it looks very difficult to replace the nuts if all done properly. My guess is the previous mechanic that worked on this bike felt the same way I do and simply did not replace the nuts on the frame part of the holding bolts.
Since this is a police bike, I thought they had always been BMW dealer serviced.
Anyone have any experience with this dilemma??:banghead

missing nuts

My 1997 RT did not have the nuts as well. It was almost like they were just threaded studs. 2 of them now have fender washers and nuts on .
Brian:banghead

Back