• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Have you got a nice story?

Over two years ago, Donna Parker, of Lexington, Ky., found Army uniforms in the bottom of a dumpster, and began searching for their rightful owner. Her quest – an obsession, really – would lead her to a grieving Texas family. Steve Hartman reports on a uniform's journey home.

From CBS Sunday Morning-

:usa :usa :usa

om

Sustainable fuels

Sustainable Aviation Fuels just took a big step forward, and will reduce carbon emissions from jet airplanes by 50%.

98I4113-UA_960.jpg

Virent’s bio-based fuel used in historic commercial passenger flight using 100% sustainable aviation fuel

About Virent

Virent is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum Corporation, an integrated refining, marketing and midstream logistics company. Virent uses its patented BioForming® technology to create the fuels and chemicals the world needs from a wide range of naturally occurring, renewable resources. Virent’s patented chemistry converts biobased carbohydrate feedstocks into products molecularly identical to those made from petroleum. Virent’s technology can produce a range of fuel products, including gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel, as well as chemicals used for plastics, fibers and films. Virent is currently working with Johnson Matthey to further develop the BioForming® technology and license it for future commercialization.

Sustainable Aviation Fuels just took a big step forward, and will reduce carbon emissions from jet airplanes by 50%.

98I4113-UA_960.jpg

Virent’s bio-based fuel used in historic commercial passenger flight using 100% sustainable aviation fuel

About Virent

Virent is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum Corporation, an integrated refining, marketing and midstream logistics company. Virent uses its patented BioForming® technology to create the fuels and chemicals the world needs from a wide range of naturally occurring, renewable resources. Virent’s patented chemistry converts biobased carbohydrate feedstocks into products molecularly identical to those made from petroleum. Virent’s technology can produce a range of fuel products, including gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel, as well as chemicals used for plastics, fibers and films. Virent is currently working with Johnson Matthey to further develop the BioForming® technology and license it for future commercialization.

So E85 for airplanes, then? :ha

The Big Book of Motorbikes.

Probably not worth it's own thread, but good news nonetheless. Seen in the American Motorcyclist.

The Big Book of Motorbikes by Renny Scaysbrook (of CycleNews) is available for your children and grandchildren. Graphics are sorta meh, but better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Last year, I wanted to buy a book for one of my grandsons, to go with his new PW50 that he got for Christmas. Went to a huge bookstore and... there are NO books for young kids about motorcycles! Howinnaheck are we going to get young people interested in motorcycles if there are no books for them? :eek

Screen%20Shot%202021-12-15%20at%204.42.02%20PM-X2.png

"Kindness is the common language between us all".

:clap

"Kindness is the common language between us all".

om

Thanks for posting Gary. Since purging all news from my TV, the only thing I miss is Steve Hartman. I’m glad I can see it here.

Gary, I think all of us in the MOA totally get the meaning of that story. For me, it’s Monteagle Mountain Sewanne Tennessee.

Saw this on MSNBC this morning. Heart warming to see uncommon things being done by common people...and how their lives were affected!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oF2zCl_6s4w" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back