• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hand Guards on a K75

D

DEANCOX

Have any of you put hand guards on your K75?

I think they look goofy, but would keep crap from hitting your knuckles....I just caught a golf-ball-sized rock flung up by a truck on the slab and I am lucky it only grazed the back of my hand, also that it did not hit me in the throat or elsewhere.

Also, hand guards would push air away from my hands and allow lighter gloves almost year round in So Cal.

Like Paul said, the ones from a R100GS work perfectly because BMW lists the same part# in their accessory catalog for a K75. Part#71602315870 for the set. List price is $31.00. $25.00 at chicagobmwmotorcycles.com.

They do look a little goofy, but the colder the weather the better they look. They are held on by the mirror stalks, so a simple 10 min. on or off.

I bought a pair for the same reason you are looking at them. On the colder days I can wear thinner gloves and have much better dexterity when riding the twisties. Plus the heated grips are more effective without the cold air on the back of your hands. I only used them for a couple of rides this winter, but for $25 it's nice to have them available.

Also available in white PN 71602315860.

:dance :dance :dance

Had them on my K75S, worked great, especially in cold weather. Took them off because the bike looks better without them.

Back