• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Great movie scenes with a motorcycle.

mistercindy

The flip side of that other thread....

I'm not just talking about great motorcycle movies, of which there are very few. The World's Fastest Indian, The Wild One, Easy Rider, are all great movies, with great scripts and actors, too. Two of them are also movies of their time.

But I'm talking about good and great movies where motorcycles happen to be in them. Some of the motorcycle scenes are nearly iconic. But the motorcycle scenes, even though they're great, are all incidental to the movie's script. They make an otherwise cool movie better. Some examples:

-An Officer and a Gentleman. Richard Gere rode a motorcycle but it was incidental to the movie. But how cool were the scenes of Gere on that bike! It was a great script and it made the motorcycle scenes even better. BTW, was that a late 70s Bonneville? Not sure.
officer-gentleman.jpg

-Pulp Fiction. Bruce Willis leaves the craziest scene in the movie on Zedd's chopper leading to one of the great lines in recent movie history, "Zedd's dead, baby. Zedd's dead." :D
zed_s_dead_baby.jpg

-First Blood. Not about motorcycles, but that chase early in the movie when Rambo steals that thumper to get away from the law is pretty cool.
rambo-3.jpg

-The Great Escape. Steve McQueen rides his Triumph dressed up to look like German military bike in what is, IMHO, some of the great scenes in movie history: motorcycle or not. The movie has nothing to do with motorcycles, but who can deny that those are great scenes!
1.jpg

-And my favorite:Lawrence of Arabia. In the first scenes of the movie, in flashback, as Peter O'Toole checks out then rides that beautiful Brough Superior. So cool! But tragic, as it was the ride that killed T. E. Lawrence. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Great scene, but Lawrence of Arabia is not about motorcycles.
0010se.jpg

I know there are others out there that aren't coming to mind just now.

Last edited:
In "The Kids are Alright", the "father" of the 2 kids rides an Airhead. No great motorcycle scenes per se, he's just using it as his main mode of transportation. Cute movie though.

Small scene but fun in a funny movie...
Emilio's first.

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/XEiQ5hqT00U?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/XEiQ5hqT00U?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="510"></embed></object>

I'm dating myself, but one of my favorites was "Little Faus and Big Halsy", with Robert Redford and Michael J Pollard. The movie includes the famous quote, "Cycles is a mean toy, lady!"

This movie WAS all about motorcycles.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4I61hU4SF1M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kelly (Jackie Earle Haley) from the original Bad News Bears . "Chicks dig bikes" and " you want to ride on my Harley?" as he picked up Tatum O'Neal for a ride :laugh

“I’m hitting .841…I’m on the Bears. You live around here? I got a Harley Davidson. Does that turn you on? A Harley Davidson?”

Attachments

• kelly-leak bad news bears.jpg
    kelly-leak bad news bears.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 218
Terminator II !
The kid on the little honda and Arnold on the hog in the flood control channel, both being chased by the metal man in the semi.

(T-2 is far superior to the scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure where James Brolin as (secret agent) Pee Wee jumps a R100RT over a house)

Attachments

• terminator2still2.jpg
    terminator2still2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 210
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nzVAx1n1QFw?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/nzVAx1n1QFw?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Bourne Identity

What about the scene where Jason Bourne out runs the police in Paris (and a couple of K bikes go down :eek) ... they ride the BMW's up and down staircases, through narrow alleys, weave through traffic!

Back