• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gps mount for a 1999 R1100rt

Migsel - Where To Buy

I live in the US and I'm trying to find where I can buy the Migsel mount (in the US) for my 2004 RT1150. Can anyone help? I've included a picture and part number (GPS-R-1150RT) just in case.

Thanks

Attachments

• GPS-R-1150RT000.jpg
    GPS-R-1150RT000.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 76
Just buy it direct from Migsel. Paypal or CC takes care of the Euro conversion.
His shipping is quick and he is a great guy to deal with.

I really like mine and that is after trying three other mounts. (Steering stem, clutch master cylinder, tank bag)

I live in the US and I'm trying to find where I can buy the Migsel mount (in the US) for my 2004 RT1150. Can anyone help? I've included a picture and part number (GPS-R-1150RT) just in case.

Thanks

Has anyone looked at this site?

http://www.gadgetguy.net/

John

That's a lot of very expensive tube and stuff to mount a GPS. Granted it comes out in a nice spot if you like center mounting.

I use a tank bag on my RT so for me, the left hand mirror mount with a simple RAM ball, a bracket and long arm works fine. I can reach it quickly and my left hand get back to the bars very fast since I am not reaching forward.

Center mounting may be great for quick viewing but in terms of safety, the closer to my left hand the better for me! I can move my eyes from GPS to road and back pretty quick. Hands? Not as fast as eyes.

156327 - would you have a picture of that set-up that you could share with us?
Thanks!

156327 - would you have a picture of that set-up that you could share with us?
Thanks!

Yep. These shots are from my last '96 RT but I removed the setup and installed it exactly the same way on my current '00 RT.
I used a RAM straight bracket ball mount, a RAM mount long ball arm, a stainless steel lock nut, washer and bolt from a marine hardware store and wired it to the unused rear accessory connector so basically power straight from the battery. Simple and easy to use.

P1010240.jpg

P1010239.jpg

P1010241.jpg

Ditto on RAM mounts and gpszone. RAM makes a ball mount that fits the two bolts in front of the bars (at least on my 95RS). I have one on each of the bolts (9mm I think). What I like about the RAM is it's almost infinitely adjustable. I also like that with the medium arm (they make three lengths) it puts the GPS fairly close so I don't have to reach very far to make any button pushes (something I would never do while riding!).

For power, I ran a long powerlet SAE cable under the tank to the bar area. I installed a socket in my Marsee tankbag (http://www.powerlet.com/product/luggage-electrix-connector/286) and everything gets plugged in there (with regular 12V power sockets). Keeps the rat's nest of cables neat because it's all in the bag.

ram1.jpg

Last edited:
Back