• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Getting Radar Detector Audio Alert to Sena 20S Headset

tmwilmotte

I'm looking for advice from someone who has figured out how to connect their Sena 20S to the audio out of a radar detector. Here's my set up: Sena 20S paired to Zumo 590 for phone, music, GPS directions. Phone paired to Zumo, not the Sena. I should be able to pair another HFP BT transmitter (with 3.5 mm plugged into radar detector audio out jack) to transmit the audio alarm from radar detector to the Sena 20S, right? The Sena folks recommend their SR10 accessory for 2-way radio, radar detector, and GPS audio, but it's pretty pricey ($180).

Two questions: 1) Has anyone successfully paired a non-Sena BT (HFP) transmitter (with 3.5 audio in cable) to their Sena headset? If so, what type/brand of BT transmitter did you use? and 2) Is anyone using the Sena SM10 or Sena SR10 dongles to receive radar detector audio alarms, and if so, is there a noticeable delay in the audio transmission between the radar detector and the Sena headset (thru the SM10 or SR10)?

Of course, I would ask these questions of the Sena tech support, but their tech support is sadly lacking (they haven't replied to my emails or on-line requests, or responded to my voice mails). TIA.

I'm looking for advice from someone who has figured out how to connect their Sena 20S to the audio out of a radar detector. Here's my set up: Sena 20S paired to Zumo 590 for phone, music, GPS directions. Phone paired to Zumo, not the Sena. I should be able to pair another HFP BT transmitter (with 3.5 mm plugged into radar detector audio out jack) to transmit the audio alarm from radar detector to the Sena 20S, right? The Sena folks recommend their SR10 accessory for 2-way radio, radar detector, and GPS audio, but it's pretty pricey ($180).

Two questions: 1) Has anyone successfully paired a non-Sena BT (HFP) transmitter (with 3.5 audio in cable) to their Sena headset? If so, what type/brand of BT transmitter did you use? and 2) Is anyone using the Sena SM10 or Sena SR10 dongles to receive radar detector audio alarms, and if so, is there a noticeable delay in the audio transmission between the radar detector and the Sena headset (thru the SM10 or SR10)?

Of course, I would ask these questions of the Sena tech support, but their tech support is sadly lacking (they haven't replied to my emails or on-line requests, or responded to my voice mails). TIA.
-------------
I'm using the SM10 and haven't noticed any delays in receiving the audio form the V1.

This is the transmitter that I use. My setup is a little different from yours. I use the transmitter connected to the output of a MixIt2 amp for radar, GPS audio and secondary MP3 player to a SMH10 headset.

Back