• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gear shift lever

First of all I don't know what model of bike you are referring to. However I don't recall ever seeing a shift lever extender offered for any oil head. Sliding something over the existing shaft would of course make it larger in diameter. It would then require you to angle your foot farther downward to get under it. If you need the longer shaft I can only assume you have a bigger foot and angling farther downward seems like it may be fairly ackward. Good luck, maybe someone makes an entire assembly that will fill your needs.

I tried one for a while - didn't like it, with the larger outside diameter and extra length, it actually got in the way. My rides often require quick and frequent shifting, and this (in my opinion) is more of an "easy tourer" accessory.

I placed one of these shift lever extensions on our RT and like it very much. I found upshifting more comfortable on the top of my foot.

Back