• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fuel injector questions

sirmanley

I have taken the whole bike apart this winter. Now apon reassembly my fuel injectors arn't working. I have fuel to the injectors and spark at the plugs. THe injectors aren't pumping fuel. What is the voltage to the injectors supposed to be? Is there a place under the tank that the injectors could have come unplugged? Is there anything else I could be missing? Any help would be appreciated.

I have taken the whole bike apart this winter. Now apon reassembly my fuel injectors arn't working. I have fuel to the injectors and spark at the plugs. THe injectors aren't pumping fuel. What is the voltage to the injectors supposed to be? Is there a place under the tank that the injectors could have come unplugged? Is there anything else I could be missing? Any help would be appreciated.

The injector leads come out of the harness - upstream connection is at the large plug at the Motronic as far as I know. If the injectors sat "out" and dry there is a good possibility that they stuck from a little gum from the evaporated gas. If reconnecting the Motronic plug a few times doesn't cure the problem I would take the injectors to a good shop and have them cleaned and tested.

I sent some 150K-mile injectors to a shop a few years ago for ultrasonic cleaning. The shop called back to say that they had to evacuate their work area because of the toxic fumes. :laugh

.... THe injectors aren't pumping fuel. What is the voltage to the injectors supposed to be?

Have you checked for the correct fuel pressure at the injectors? Maybe the injectors are fine and the fuel pump is bad. Just a thought. If you have pressure but no fuel spits out of the injectors I would have the injectors tested & cleaned.

Back