• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

For those OCD bike clean types

Can any of you OCD types recommend a good, lightweight cover for a '16 RT? Getting ready to go on an extended trip in a few weeks (unfortunately not to Utah).

Here's pictures of the E-Z Touring Traveller A packed.

I quit trying to get it back in that little pouch after my first trip. A quick roll and a few folds then press the air out and it can go on top of whatever is in the top case with no problems.

Can any of you OCD types recommend a good, lightweight cover for a '16 RT? Getting ready to go on an extended trip in a few weeks (unfortunately not to Utah).

OSI's a nice cover w/ a 3y warranty, is waterproof, and it has a soft fabric interior windscreen protection section. It's stuff pouch is attached and the cover is easy to replace in its stuff sac. I put a couple of grommets and used some stretch cord and plastic hooks so I could attach it easily just in front of my 28L trunk as in the photo below. It's a half cover, fits taut over my '16 RT's nose, the top of the side case, and of course the trunk. I would by it again.

fullsizeoutput_245.jpg

Ebay sells them.

OSI's a nice cover w/ a 3y warranty, is waterproof, and it has a soft fabric interior windscreen protection section.

Ebay sells them.

The half cover was 1/2 off so I only paid $30 for it. Worth a try so no big loss if it doesn't work well. Thanks for the tip.

I'll chime in for Ed the lights are Motolights https://motolight.com/ I had a set on my 02R1150RT, they where get lights for the time and the Mom Pop company are wonderful folks to work with.

Jay

Sorry been on the road headed to Salt Lake but that is correct. Motolights powder coated black. But today I would go with an LED light for sure. Either Denali D2's or Clearwater Darlas

Back