• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Flash Sales

Is this like a blue light special?

At a Board meeting about 10-12 years ago I proposed doing something like this using text messages on mobile phones and all I got in response were blank stares. :ha

Is this like a blue light special?

At a Board meeting about 10-12 years ago I proposed doing something like this using text messages on mobile phones and all I got in response were blank stares. :ha

Well it's here now!
I received both the email AND the text message.
I had registered late June via the first opportunity... so I was not a fan of text message notification.

Well it's here now!
I received both the email AND the text message.
I had registered late June via the first opportunity... so I was not a fan of text message notification.

So, let me ask you this: would you appreciate getting offered special deals on your birthday? :evil

The email read as follows:

Happy Fourth of July! I hope you are enjoying summertime and celebrating with friends and family this year.

I want to let you know about a special "flash sale" for the 2024 National Rally in Redmond, Oregon. For three days only, you can register for the 2024 National Rally for just $50. This is our lowest price of the year and it will never get any better than right now. If you can sneak away from the BBQ for a few minutes, REGISTER NOW and save some money on next year's National event.

This special for the Fourth of July is only available July 3rd through July 5th. And, don't worry if your plans change. Our cancellation policy allows a full refund if you cancel by May 13, 2024. You have plenty of time to plan an epic adventure to Redmond in 2024!

Have a safe and wonderful Fourth of July. Register for the Rally and ride inspired with us to Redmond!

Ted Moyer
BMW Motorcycle Owners of America

This special for the Fourth of July is only available July 3rd through July 5th.

So, it isn’t what I thought it was. I was thinking that, since we have vendors at the rally and 5-6k members present, that we could offer blue-light specials (think Kmart) where for a limited period of time a vendor could offer a super special deal on something they were selling.

Doing this would require a quick broadcast of info about the offer, and the location… and SMS would be the perfect way to do it… especially since we refused to develop an app.

Also, it doesn’t have to be a vendor with something for sale. Think flash mobs at the rally… we could have a lot of fun with this :evil

Hint: this is actually a way to get your money early and hold it for a year… earning interest.

I just happened to check the website and got the special registration price.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Back