• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

F700 gs

weschmann

Kawa Afterthought
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the adventure style bike, coming from a K1200RS, so my first question is whether the 700 is considered a thumper? It has the same engine as the 800, but I don't see much talk or information on the 700. I assume it is the replacement for the 650, but would like to make sure that I'm talking from the same page....
Thanks in advance for any responses.
:usa

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the adventure style bike, coming from a K1200RS, so my first question is whether the 700 is considered a thumper? It has the same engine as the 800, but I don't see much talk or information on the 700. I assume it is the replacement for the 650, but would like to make sure that I'm talking from the same page....
Thanks in advance for any responses.
:usa

Don't know about the thumper part, that is related to the sound an engine makes. But the F700 is the updated F650 (2 cylinder), not the G650 (single cylinder).

Thumper = single cylinder

Yours is a twin

The BMW site shows 650's, 700's and 800's all still in production

The 700's look like fun bikes, enjoy

weschmann,

Check out F800 Riders.org (http://f800riders.org/forum/forum.php). It seems to be a much more active site then the F series subforum here. All the 2 cylinder, upright parallel twins currently produced by BMW are 800cc F series bikes. The naming scheme BMW uses can make things a bit confusing.

Back