• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ESA2 shock rebuild

Just had the front shock blow out on my 2010 R1200RT while moving my bike to check the air pressure in the tires. It was 15 deg in the workshop at the time.
24k on the shock so looking at a re-build vs a new shock from Wilbers. Anyone use Lindeman engineering in NC for a rebuild. $290 + shipping from them. New wilbers is $800 from Beemershop.

Edit: found a used shock at Beemer Boneyard.

Last edited:
I think they re-sealed a WP ESA front shock that blew at around 17k for me a couple of years ago.
I was satisfied, certainly much better than paying $2300 for a new ESA shock assembly from BMW.

As an aside, I have never understood BMW motorcycle shock pricing.
A new pair of motorcycle shocks or a full set of four for a car or truck retail for around $100 on ebay. A BMW motorcycle shock is not all that different, but for some reason replacing them is always a major expense.

Back