• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Emergency tire repair.

Interesting to note the number of new cars coming without a spare tire (saves weight = better gas mileage, but mainly cheaper, I think) So they give you a can of tire sealant/inflator, or a plug kit and small compressor. Of course if the tire sidewall is damage you are just plain out of luck. So I spend (in my dreams) $40,000 for a new BMW car and I get a can of Slime? I won't complain again about roadside plugging and inflating a flat tire on my RT. I'll be in good company.

pete

. My conclusion is the bicycle tires would easily tell the story?:lurk
Either way I don't use them.

My road bicycle tires have ranged from 110PSI to 150...yes..150PSI on some Continentals...ought to hear one let go:eek

tried every type of inner that has been marketed trying to keep the pressure in them more than a day or two.

Always used a floor pump when available...the on the bike hand pump will get you in the 120 range...and short on breath!:laugh
Tried the C02 method for a few years, still prefer the pump.

Interesting to note the number of new cars coming without a spare tire (saves weight = better gas mileage, but mainly cheaper, I think) So they give you a can of tire sealant/inflator, or a plug kit and small compressor. Of course if the tire sidewall is damage you are just plain out of luck. So I spend (in my dreams) $40,000 for a new BMW car and I get a can of Slime? I won't complain again about roadside plugging and inflating a flat tire on my RT. I'll be in good company.

pete

Nope, BMW doesn't give you a can of slime, they provide very expensive run flat tires. Wanna guess how I know about the expensive part?

pete
I promise not to ride my soapbox stand (to long) on this but fact is my new BMW X3 has no spare,no jack,no lug wrench,no slime,no compressor-just runflat tires. I will say they are greatly improved as for handling over the 2008 version I last tried. My Cady CTS4 had the "optional spare AND! a jack AND! real tires AND! lug wrench" from Michelin. When you go to the track in SC to drive the cars at BMW plant they run real tires not run flats you drive home. Post #23 , join the crowd...:banghead

Back