• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Download motorcycle manuals from BMW Denmark

itrider

So I am currently in Frankfort, Germany for business and I asked my colleagues to contact BMW Motorrard Munich about obtaining the PDF bike manual for my 2011 GSA. I tried to obtain it via BMW America, but I was told it was not available. So my German colleague spoke with Munich and they said the 2011 manual was not available for PDF download quite yet...however, they directed him to the BMW Motorrard Denmark download site that has most of the BMW model bike manuals available for download.

I thought I would share the site (they have English manuals). Happy downloading from BMW.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.dk/dk/da/index.html

Thank you! I find it always good to have a soft and hard copy of manuals.

Scott

Last time I looked at the Canadian version of the manual for the R1200RT it contained trailer tie-down instructions.

NOT in the USA manuals but I'm always searching for information from the designers of the bikes as opposed to hype from aftermarket product sellers.

Manual download

It works. You need to hunt a bit but it is there and it is in English. Don't know if all bikes and all years are there but there are lots of them.

Download Manual on Apple Computer?

New guy here with a tech question.

I have a 2011 R1200 RT and an Apple computer. Will these manuals from Denmark, Canada, etc. download on my machine, or is it only for PC's? It is my understanding the DVD from the dealer ($100 bucks or so, I think) is for PC's exclusively.

Also, could I order a 2011 hardcopy manual in English from anywhere in USA or maybe Canada? A DVD doesn't excite me but a paper copy would look good in my garage.

Thanks for any help.

I have a 2011 R1200 RT and an Apple computer. Will these manuals from Denmark, Canada, etc. download on my machine, or is it only for PC's? It is my understanding the DVD from the dealer ($100 bucks or so, I think) is for PC's exclusively.

The manuals are available as PDF files. OS X Preview will have no trouble reading them. To make sure you get the correct manual for your bike to go bmw-motorrad.com and enter the magic digits from your VIN (the linked page below will show you which digits). The link for this official source of Rider's Manual is http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/.../services/manuals/manuals_main.html&notrack=1

Also, could I order a 2011 hardcopy manual in English from anywhere in USA or maybe Canada? A DVD doesn't excite me but a paper copy would look good in my garage.

Thanks for any help.

I'd guess that you can order the Riders Manual in hard copy from your dealer. Or print it out yourself from the PDF you download. I'm not aware of any hard copy option for the offical repair manual. Haynes has hard copy book for at least some of the various models.

Back