• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Don't rob a bank in Spain...

Aww c,mon Username.

At least we can still hang cattle rustlers and horse thieves when we catch them,can't we???

:type

jgr451 said:
Aww c,mon Username.

At least we can still hang cattle rustlers and horse thieves when we catch them,can't we???

:type

sure, but i recommend shootin' 'em, THEN hangin' 'em. that's how we do it. wait...maybe we stab them, then shoot them. crap, i can't remember, i'll need to look it up in my "how to be a texan" booklet i got when i moved here. im still adjusting to the fact that i can shoot trespassers, which is a really nice perk, in addition to no state income taxes.

why do people still rob banks, anyway? i think that's the real story, what a stupid crime to commit.

maybe that guy was going to donate the money anonymously to the tsunami vicitms? :D

Texas Justice?

Texas Justice? I used to think they were tough in that state. They have a Matt Dillon complex. They tell criminals to get out of town by sundown.
My EX-son-in-law was arrested for Sexual Battery in Texas and at the time he was wanted in three other states. He was released on bail and hasn't been seen since and Texas doesn't care just as long as he isn't in Texas. Louisana (assault with a deadly weapon) would not extradite him because it was too expensive. New Jersey (assault and robbery) didn't care except for a private eye working for a bail bondsman, New York didn't care even though he was wanted there for Assault & battery. Right now, no one knows where he is. :dunno

BradfordBenn said:
Actually I think that in order to avoid a mess the Texas plan is to only hang 'em.

i can get a license plate that says "texas" across the top, then "hang em if you got em" along the bottom.

:twirl

Fritz said:
Texas Justice? I used to think they were tough in that state. They have a Matt Dillon complex. They tell criminals to get out of town by sundown.
My EX-son-in-law was arrested for Sexual Battery in Texas and at the time he was wanted in three other states. He was released on bail and hasn't been seen since and Texas doesn't care just as long as he isn't in Texas. Louisana (assault with a deadly weapon) would not extradite him because it was too expensive. New Jersey (assault and robbery) didn't care except for a private eye working for a bail bondsman, New York didn't care even though he was wanted there for Assault & battery. Right now, no one knows where he is. :dunno

I think that if your ex son in law messed with a Texan,he has been shot ,stabbed, hanged ,and disappeared.And so he shoulda been,that dang cattle rustler or equivalent!

(Just kidding;I think...)

Civil society

The police have to exercise their duties in accordance with the law, or else there is no rule of law. If this happenned in the USA and was documented in the manner in which we see it documented in the clip, it would be interesting to see the legal arguments about whether or not the actions of the police were lawful.

I think you have to give the benefit of the doubt to the police on the street as a starting point. Was the intent of the 'collision vehicle" to kill a fleeing felon? hard to say. Did the fleeing felon pose risks to others? Good question. Can't argue with the result - one violent criminal off the street. It's up to the legal system to decide if, in the process, the actions of the collision car driver and those he was taking orders from were legal. Glad there are cops willing to pt it all on the line at street evel, without seeking advice of legal counsel before each and every move. Bob

Back