• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Daytona Area GS-911

A friend of a friend in the Daytona area recently purchased a 2015 BMW RT and the service light has come on. He does his own maintenance. Does anyone in the area have a GS-911 and willing to help him reset the service light?

You may have some luck, but not sure you know how the GS911 works. Unless a buyer pays a substantial premium, the GS911 comes with the capability of registering ten VINs. To perform most functions (including resetting the maintenance reminder) the motorcycle must be registered, thus using one of the ten available VIN allocations. It is asking a great deal to ask someone to use one of their VIN spaces to reset the maintenance reminder for a person they do not know. It is more likely that your friend could find someone with a MotoScan setup. It can do as much or more than the GS911, costs much less and has no limits on the number of vehicles it can be used on. Good luck to your friend.

Thanks, that's a good point. So anyone with a MotoScan setup that can help would be welcome as well. I really thought this thread would find someone that could help.

Thanks, that's a good point. So anyone with a MotoScan setup that can help would be welcome as well. I really thought this thread would find someone that could help.

For around $100 your friend that performs his own maintenance could become self-sufficient after subscribing to the MotoScan App - Professional level and procuring the appropriate OBD LX or MX unit.

All he needs to know plus more is in this thread - https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/motoscan-app-for-bmw-motorcycles.1320275/

Wouldn't someone that does his own work know this......just saying.

Only if he was a long time BMW owner. He's a long time Harley owner. The BMW is new to him. I have 3 BMW's, none of which needs a scan tool to do normal maintenance. I know about the GS-911 but had forgotten about the Vin limit. I also know about the MotoScan tool but didn't think about it when I initially started the thread. I again want to thank the other replies for their help.

Back