• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Daytona 200 scheduled for March 7-9

The equivalent of a local club race.
Back when we had AMA Superbike, this was a very big deal. No longer. Same up here. We used to have racing at Sonoma (Infineon) for AMA Superbike and it was a whole week of awesome stuff called Sonomafest. Vintage dirt bikes, vintage street bikes; I watched Jack Penton ride his Jackpiner Penton around the track one year.

But no more. We could really use a new national racing series. Duhamel, Spencer, Hayden; the whole lot came from AMA SBK racing.

I have no "club" racing around here. I welcome those with more skill than I on the track! (y)

Back when we had AMA Superbike, this was a very big deal. No longer. Same up here. We used to have racing at Sonoma (Infineon) for AMA Superbike and it was a whole week of awesome stuff called Sonomafest. Vintage dirt bikes, vintage street bikes; I watched Jack Penton ride his Jackpiner Penton around the track one year.

But no more. We could really use a new national racing series. Duhamel, Spencer, Hayden; the whole lot came from AMA SBK racing.

Stupendous racing that graduated some racers onto the world stage. Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, Schwantz. Definitely the good old days. One can only hope MotoAmerica regains some former glory. I'm not sure the "Bagger Race" is the means to that end.

Stupendous racing that graduated some racers onto the world stage. Lawson, Spencer, Rainey, Schwantz. Definitely the good old days. One can only hope MotoAmerica regains some former glory. I'm not sure the "Bagger Race" is the means to that end.
Turning out the next generation of racers isn’t overly profitable for promoters and track owners, but getting bagger riders and bagger fans into the stands is.

Best,
DeVern

I worked as a volunteer at Laguna Seca while stationed at Ft. Old in 79-82. A friend I drove the crash truck at motorcycle races. It was a pick-up with a hydraulic lift on the rear. This was the era when they held an annual F1 race as part of the Winston Pro Series. Kenny Roberts, who had his first 50cc world championship, would come home during the 500cc summer break and compete in the race. Besides Roberts, there was Freddie Spencer and Randy Mamola. Eddie Lawson, Wes Cooley, Gene Romero and Dave Aldana ran in the SuperBike race.

Quite a few future 500cc World Championships circling that track, and more than a couple of Grand National Championships as well. Flat tracking was instrumental in the US producing 13 World Championships in 16 years.

Back