• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Coming to the USA May from Australia

mattyg

Hi all, I'm coming to the USA in early May.
I'll be riding a R1150GS a very kind member is loaning me and I'll repay the favor in Australia with a bike and a Condo next year.
I'll have 3 months in your beautiful county, basically doing a loop the first 6 weeks from Idaho then riding with friends the next 6 or 7 weeks.
Be great to catch up with others for beers and riding.
Cheers
Matt

Welcome from central ID. If you have time to tour up through the state we’d be happy to meet you. Just PM me. Safe travels.
gp

Hi all, I'm coming to the USA in early May.
I'll be riding a R1150GS a very kind member is loaning me and I'll repay the favor in Australia with a bike and a Condo next year.
I'll have 3 months in your beautiful county, basically doing a loop the first 6 weeks from Idaho then riding with friends the next 6 or 7 weeks.
Be great to catch up with others for beers and riding.
Cheers
Matt

We live in Western North Carolina, home of some of the best riding in the country. You are invited to visit and stay if you'd like. Our driveway is a great GS ride!!!

Also, you're aware of our 50th anniversary rally in Sprinfield, Missouri, right?

Ian

We live in Western North Carolina, home of some of the best riding in the country. You are invited to visit and stay if you'd like. Our driveway is a great GS ride!!!

Also, you're aware of our 50th anniversary rally in Sprinfield, Missouri, right?

Ian

That sounds awesome. I'll bring beers!
Pretty good chance I'll make the Rally, as it'll be the time I'm heading back to Portland for the ride with friends..

Route from Idaho to Minnesota

Not exactly, I'll be heading east from Idaho, would like to spend most of the first 6 weeks on the east coast, then head back to Portland to ride with friends down south.
If time allows and you really want to see some of the more open areas of the north central US Hwy 200 from Sandpoint, ID all the way to Floodwood, MN is a very good ride. When you reach Floodwood it is a short ride to Rider Warehouse the home of Aerostich riding gear and their store. Drop me a message if you get in to MN and if I’m in town I’ll catch up with you along your route.

Last edited:
If time allows and you really want to see some of the more open areas of the north central US Hwy 100 from Sandpoint, ID all the way to Floodwood, MN is a very good ride. When you reach Floodwood it is a short ride to Rider Warehouse the home of Aerostich riding gear and their store. Drop me a message if you get in to MN and if I’m in town I’ll catch up with you along your route.
Sounds like a plan

Shoot me a PM if you get to the Black Hills in South Dakota, I'll be around in July and August and would be happy to show you my favorite roads.
I've got a mate from Taree NSW who won't be coming this summer, we've ridden 100,000 miles together in the USA and OZ.

Cheers!

Back