• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Christmas Present for Wifey!

Pat Carol

Ambassador
Well since I have the honor of working on the ambulance today. Me and the Mrs. opened our Christmas presents to each other last night.
My lovely bride stated that she wanted to get into archery both target and hunting. Well she opened her new bow and arrow outfit from Santa Pat (me).
She is so excited. I bought her a motorcycle years ago but, she decided to be my navigator and stay as a passenger.
I am really excited. Archery is fun and relaxing and now this is something else that we can do together. We own 41 acres of rolling hardwoods with lots of deer running around. Since I failed to bag a deer this season. My wife has already stated that she will show me how it is done. I love that kind of attitude. My wife is a blast. What a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Pat Carol

Very nice!

I'm into archery hunting too, so I know what you are experiencing. It's great to hear your wife is excited about it all! Enjoy the time together.

I got a Craftsman torque wrench from hubby for Christmas. :) I asked for it, though.

So finish the tale...

What bike did you buy your wife last year?
Will you acquire another wife to ride the bike while both you and the first wife hunt?

Happy Holidays! :laugh

ultracyclist said:
What bike did you buy your wife last year?
Will you acquire another wife to ride the bike while both you and the first wife hunt?

Happy Holidays! :laugh

Only if he moves to Utah. :stick

patcarol said:
Well since I have the honor of working on the ambulance today. Me and the Mrs. opened our Christmas presents to each other last night.
My lovely bride stated that she wanted to get into archery both target and hunting. Well she opened her new bow and arrow outfit from Santa Pat (me).
She is so excited. I bought her a motorcycle years ago but, she decided to be my navigator and stay as a passenger.
I am really excited. Archery is fun and relaxing and now this is something else that we can do together. We own 41 acres of rolling hardwoods with lots of deer running around. Since I failed to bag a deer this season. My wife has already stated that she will show me how it is done. I love that kind of attitude. My wife is a blast. What a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Pat Carol

That is Awesome! I wish I could get my wife to hunt, especially with a bow. If you haven't already considered this, get yourself a Mackenzie 3D deer target for you and the missus to practice with, especially from the tree stands. Happy hunting!

Statdawg said:
I think there is a saying that goes like this. " A family that hunts together stays together". You may wish to consider owning a GS to get into the woods. There appears to be a small group on the forum that hunts this way, and they can provide information. This could result into more hunting opportunities. A throttle-lock would be another great tool. It would help to run the herd down. Hey it worked on horseback, why not on a metal one ? Please check with local game laws. Have a great holiday and a happy new year filled with hunting and great motorcycle weather. :wave

Half the fun of going hunting is dirtying the GS getting there. Gets me away from the other folks who park on the side of the road and walk in a few hundred yards.

My wife's boss is a nationally ranked archer (senior pro) and he happens to ride a GS. Seems to me the two go together perfectly.

Thanks for working on the ambulance today, hopefully it was quiet.

Back