• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

ChatGPT - AI-based chat

Visian

look out!!!
According to what I am reading, Google is dead.

OpenAI ChatGTP... try it out!

Screen%20Shot%202022-12-09%20at%204.39.20%20PM-XL.png

Been watching the development of that for some time. Impressive stuff. Try asking if BMW motorcycle riders are grumpy old men who like pie.

From a segment on NPR Boston today

Seeing as this new technology has attracted at least one member to ask questions and post answers as if they were carved in stone, have a look at this article/story By Hiawatha Bray, Tech reporter here in Boston-

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/12...s-why-ai-should-really-worry-us/?p1=StaffPage

----If, when the link is clicked on, the page stops working- exit and the page should reload and be readable.---

Seems like the AI answers resemble pollsters questions and along with the technology in it's infancy, asking a question in a way that favors an outcome. :eek

OM

Seeing as this new technology has attracted at least one member to ask questions and post answers as if they were carved in stone, ...

Seems like the AI answers resemble pollsters questions and along with the technology in it's infancy, asking a question in a way that favors an outcome. :eek

OM

That illustrates well the ChatGPT take on ad hominem attacks.
Posted here:
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthrea...availability&p=1294628&viewfull=1#post1294628

Sometimes it gets it right and sometimes that it did so is self evident.

Last edited:
From CBS Sunday Morning-

PhotoShop changed the "Picture Worth a Thousand Words"......This may change the validity of printed word. :scratch

OM

Messing with ChatGTP seems to be spreading fast. This makes me think that there is a chance that this program is learning on the actual inquiries.
When Siri was first a feature, I watched people asking some weird questions. So, will this be clever enough to remain helpful or lead to Eagle Eye-

:eek

OM

In an attempt to reestablish Microsoft's Bing, it's rolling out a platform to compete with Google.

Another segment to follow.

OM

The followup-

BTW, as Duck Duck Go uses Microsoft's Bing, this new AI may hit DDG as well.

OM

Reminds me of one of Murphy's Laws on Technology-

"A computer makes as many mistakes in two seconds as 20 men working 20 years make".

:deal

OM

We hadn’t perfected “common sense” so this AI thing will mirror an imperfect thought pattern?

“What I had not realized is that extremely short exposures to a relatively simple computer program could induce powerful delusional thinking in quite normal people.”

:eek

I guess the question will increasingly be- “how did you come up with that”?
OM

Back