• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

carb problems?

R

R100

carb problems?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there problems with gas additives in surrounding states?

I live in CT and run a 77' r100s. 78,000 miles, and have not rebuilt the carbs.
I do not have a problem with the gas in CT, but do find dramatic differences in performance between brands.
A rule I try to run Sunoco 93 octane. (And a little mystery in the tank once in a while couldn't hurt.)

Think he means watch out for 10% ethanol. Not compatible with some seals in older bikes. Pumps will have stickers.

Hey guys, not to be a wet blanket or anything, but this is really the rally forum.

If you want to talk airhead tech, we've got a full forum for it, but you'll need to register. :buds

Back