• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

CAL/TEXAS riding:)

Polarbear

Polarbear
Just rode my GSA1200'07 from ClovisCA to CC,TX. this past week and return. Got my 1038 mile day in too from CorpusC,TX to TucsonAZ. Probably my last at 60, but maybe not! I gave up(I thought) years ago these hard mile days, with about 7 maybe 8 of these in my past. I just did another:). All Interstate makes it quite easy, compared to some others I've done competeing. Wind was my biggest headache, as it killed my mpg's on the GSA at 33 to 36mpg's, ugly:(. TIME Lapse; 17hours riding, 7 hours sleeping in a rest area, just West of DemingNMEX. Actually slept:), low of 38 degrees(sunrise) and yep, I was in my sleeping bag and nice pad on top a picnic table! Whole trip went swell, no rain ON me, but so very closeby at times. Randy. PS;maybe some pics forthcoming:). :dance

Int.10 near OzunaTX..

Poor guy on VStrom from my home state runs out of gas! Love my 10g GSAtank:). We just met as I stop to assist and wait for service truck with rescue gas. Nice guy in vast west Texas, just not enough gas. I had plenty to offer from my GSA tank, but no hose to get it out. 70$ service truck cost was not out of line, as we saw it, which included gas:). About a 20 mile run for the service guy. My newfound friend also bought me lunch afterwards. Ferris, his name and associated with "Facebook", as a technical guy from Silicon Valley. He apparently had much to do with putting Facebook on the map and young stockholder in retirement from there:). Nice VStrom, riding far like me. Nice visit along a very remote Interstate...Randy:usa

Attachments

• TimGradGSA TEXAS 010.jpg
    TimGradGSA TEXAS 010.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 30
Back