• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cafe coming together, hopefully only 2 more weeks..pics

B

bitfi3nd

Still haven't fully polished the paint, and most parts are just sitting in place because I couldn't resist seeing what it is going to look like. You can't see it in the pics, but the paint is gunmetal candy black, and pearl white. Looks incredible in the sun. Hopefully just two more weeks.

Only thing I've slacked on is the frame. Get that powder coated this winter, have to get this on the road. Also doing a hotter rebuild, 336 cam, late clutch and flywheel while the frame is out, but that is going to have to wait until the freeze comes to Denver .

Need to pick up lots of small parts still, none of the custom machined stuff complete yet, gotta mill and drill the airbox for more flow, and much to bolt up, but I'm really close. So close. MUST RIDE IT.

She has come a looong way though. Here's what she looked like when I bought her just a month or two back. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250239816465

I need more patience.
IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

Last edited:
Good work!

That is a good looker, and all the more so apparent once I looked at the before... it is truly amazing what good looking bones these bikes have....Good for you!

Bob Peckham
Vero Beach FL

Those are Bumm repros of old style BMW headlight mounted mirrors. Spring mounted. A little smaller than the Albert mirrors. I like them. With the stock headlight ears on and the 1/4 fairing off, they look really, really cool.

Amazingly cool bike! Especially after seeing the before pictures...a 'Jim Rockford Gold' bike that screams "It Came From The 70's".

I'm hoping you'll detail all the choice pieces...tailpiece, clip-ons, bar end signals, rear sets, etc, etc.

Best avatar ever

Hey 12bswayed, that is about the coolest avatar ever for a boxer lover.... Grew up with boxers (the fawns and brindles that is) and now have boxers (/2 and /6 that is!)

Those are Bumm repros of old style BMW headlight mounted mirrors. Spring mounted. A little smaller than the Albert mirrors. I like them. With the stock headlight ears on and the 1/4 fairing off, they look really, really cool.

sweet. my next plan is a set of laverda jota handlebars, and there's no way I want bar ends on those. I'm going to have to probably swap out the brake pump for a remote reservoir as well.

that mirror is exactly what I've been looking for. I can run 1.

Amazingly cool bike! Especially after seeing the before pictures...a 'Jim Rockford Gold' bike that screams "It Came From The 70's".

I'm hoping you'll detail all the choice pieces...tailpiece, clip-ons, bar end signals, rear sets, etc, etc.

Geeze, too much to list. All new cables, new switches, new harness, molex connectors for headlight bucket so it can be removed/disconnected without taking the wiring out, bead-blasted controls and tank cap, Odyssey dry cell battery (Compact and kickass) ,/6 small tank (wanted a toaster but couldn't find one) Knosher replica seat, the fairing is a cheap "viper" from Ebay (which looks better than it should because I lowered the headlight as far as it would go to bring the fairing more inline with the tank using cheap aftermarket headlight ears- I'll put the stock ones on when I run it without the fairing.) H4 headlight, new headers and muffs, Tomaselli clubman bars, can't remember where I got the grips, old style BMW bar end signals, the Bumm mirrors, trimmed the stock fender, tossed the rear one, rear brake light from caferace.com, Dunlop tires, and a million other things I can't remember right now.

Most of the mechanicals were checked over, seals, gaskets and crush washers replaced, carbs totally rebuilt, she's already got a late 5speed trans and 900cc heads, new coils, lubed all bearings, splines (honda moly 60) and such, and changed all lubricants including greases out to synthetics.

I have a couple of hundred hours into the bike, and many thousands over the purchase price. But she is turning out nice, I think.

Back