• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Brunos spline repair

hhshort

I have tried to get in contact with Bruno to arrange a spline rebuild for my K100 EML side car conversion. E-mail was not answered, His web site has expired and he no longer advertises in the MOA news. I have talked to him on the phone some time ago (like several years ago) Does anyone know if he is still in business and if he is how to contact him. Thanks

Harold,

I talked to him last fall. At that time he was not accepting new work due to medical problems. He was not sure whether he would be continuing his business. It sounds like maybe things did not clear up for him. He did excellent work. His talents and contributions to "keeping them flying" will be missed.

Update: I just spoke with him. He is taking the year off to try and regain his strength. He is hoping to be able to get back to his business some time in 2017 if all goes well. He will notify the MOA when he is able to accept work. Let's hope all goes well for him.

Hansen's in Oregon http://www.hansensmc.com , last I checked, did repair of the final drive splines, but required you to buy a new driveshaft.

Good used ones are still out there, but getting harder to find. What gear ratio? How many splines (16 or 20)? I may have a lead on one or two. PM me.

:dance:dance:dance

Last edited:
See this too:

1.jpg

Chris also posted this back on April 1st:

Please Note: Donations to Bruno's recovery can still be made through PayPal to help4bruno@gmail.com - Contributions total $367.58 so far, thank you!

This was from March 22nd:

*URGENT* My friend Bruno Sax of Bruno's Machine & Repair recently had surgery for cancer. While his surgery went well he needs three to five months of rest to recover. This means he will need money. Many of you generously offered donations when I was ill despite my objections… this time I will not object. Bruno needs our help. Please, whatever you can spare will go to Bruno to help cover his bills so he can become healthy again and get back to supporting our BMW motorcycle community. Please visit www.paypal.com and direct your donation to help4bruno@gmail.com
If you prefer to mail a check please mail to Bruno Sax Highway 554 #47 RR1
Iron Bridge Ontario P0R1H0 Canada or to me and I will forward it.
Thank you for your generous donation, Chris

FD Rebuild

I was afraid something of that nature had happened. I had looked at his website within the last year and had not gotten an answer by e-mail and when I found his site down I know I had procrastinated to long.

I have been buying used and end up having them rebearinged or not having good splines. I have 2 31/11 16 splines FDs and drive shafts on the shelf with used up splines and I took the FD (32/11) and shaft off my 2 wheeled RT (130K) and promptly used up the bearings. It has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks and they seem to be having a lot of trouble even getting the bearing off the pinion shaft. When it is done It should be good for the season.

The EML rig is hard on FDs. I think the answer is a FD build like Bruno's. I think Hansen's rebuild is as good as new and I may end up going there. I just think that Bruno's rebuild better then new. In the mean time, If there is a good 16 spline FD and shaft combination of either ratio I would snap it up and put it on the shelf. Murphy's law of spare parts. If you have a spare on the shelf you will never need it.

Sorry to hear that Bruno is having health problems.

If anyone need spline repair work, check with,

Speedscycle.com/

They are located at 5820 Washington Blvd. Elkridge, Maryland 21075

FD Rebuild

Thanks for any suggestion or lead. I didn't go passed the Speedcycle web site but it looks like they do engine machine work but there was no mention of FD work.

Thanks for any suggestion or lead. I didn't go passed the Speedcycle web site but it looks like they do engine machine work but there was no mention of FD work.

I know that they do. Back they repaired a final drive on my 1974 R90.

Call them an ask, if they can do the work.

Back