• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Broken valve, exaust, need to remove head, HOW Chain removal

mrtnfischer

Der Kaptain
HEY, doing a valve adjustment, 2012 R1200RT, found a rocker arm in the valve cover, and the 1/2 moon adjuster, missing circlip, suspect previous dealer forgot the clip, well it ran great for 20K, NOW I need to remover the head, one of the exaust valves is bent,,,,, But how do I remove the chain, timing etc. CANNOT find anything about this. NO YOU TUBE, NADA. Some one must know where to go to get the info, Dealer who did it is in Daytona, Florida, I am in PA. I wish to do it myself as bike has 120K and dealer will cost way to much.. HELP

I can’t help with head removal but do wonder how the exhaust valve got bent.
Running without one exhaust valve opening shouldn’t hurt anything as some engine designs have done this intentionally for various reasons.

Running without one exhaust valve opening shouldn’t hurt anything as some engine designs have done this intentionally for various reasons.

Probably stuck open as a result of being bent so it will not run right with just one valve.

Without the finger follower, the camshaft probably came around and hit it sideways. I can see that bending the stem.

Back